If you haven’t heard about Cisco, here is an article about it. From 1984 till date, Cisco has been around in the industry and their quality services and products are still being delivered. Based on Amazon Best Sellers, Cisco routers are of preference for most buyers. So, if you’re one of those who use this modem, you might want to know how to access Cisco router login. In the event you’re using a different model, don’t worry! Check out the Router Login List for more details.
This article will explain in detail how you can log in to your Cisco router. It will also show you the steps to change the default log-in credentials. Furthermore, it will help you in finding your IP address. Scroll down to know more.
Your Default Cisco Router Login
Logging in to the Cisco router would allow you to configure settings and change the default password or username. You can also check some other basic information about your modem. Take a look at how.
- Connect your device, either computer or mobile, to your internet.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. The IP address used for most Cisco routers is 192.168.15.1.
- From the log-in page, enter your username and password. If you haven’t changed your default settings, type admin for username and Password for the code. (Note: Not all Cisco routers used this combination.)
- Hit the Ok button to access your web interface.
Router Log-in Details
Your router comes with a default username and password. You’ll need this if you’re going to access your modem’s settings for the first time. This is really important because you’ll need this in order to change your router’s settings.
The default username used commonly by Cisco routers is either admin or cisco. It varies depending on the model and unit of your modem. For password, they used the username or leave it blank. If you’re having a hard time figuring out your default username and password, you can check out the rest of this guide.
Change Log-in Username and Password
For security reasons, it is advisable to change your default username and password. Not changing it would make you more susceptible to hacking and would jeopardize your security. So, take the necessary precaution by following the instruction below.
- Connect your computer to your modem using LAN or wirelessly.
- Launch your web browser and enter the IP address of your router. After that, a log-in page will appear.
- Enter your log-in details and click Log-in.
- Now, choose Setup from the Menu tab and go to Quick Setup.
- Input your new password on the box beside the Pre-Shared Key. To apply the changes you’ve made, click Save Settings.
Resetting your modem can help you resolve problems that you encountered while connecting to your network. Actually, there are two types of reset that you can perform. One is a soft reset and the other is a hard reset.
The former is done when you unplug your device and after some time, plug it again. This is advisable for it is fast and does not tweak your settings. In the event that it did not solve your problem, try the other setup—which is a hard reset. This is suitable if you forgot your assigned password and username. By doing this, you’ll be able to restore your settings to default. Here’s how:
- Find the Reset button on the rear part of your router.
- Press the button and hold it for 30 seconds. You may use the pointy end of your pen or clip.
- The modem will then reset automatically.
After resetting your router, your settings will be restored in its default mode. Thus, it’s recommended that you change your username and password right away.
Find Router Login IP
Most CISCO routers used one unique IP address, however, not all devices are similar. As such, you need to get your right IP address to access your router’s web interface. It’s really simple to know your IP. Take a look at the guide below.
For Windows users
- Open Command Prompt on your computer. You can do this by going to your search bar and typing cmd. Press the Enter button to open the app.
- Once done, input ipconfig then click Enter.
- From the list that will appear, find Default Gateway. The address shown is your IP.
If you’re a Windows 10 user, you can also follow these steps.
- Press the window icon on your computer screen and click Settings or the toggle icon.
- Upon clicking, a new window will appear. Choose Network and Internet > Status > View your network properties.
- Now, scroll down until you see Default Gateway.
For Apple users
If you own a Mac computer, then follow this instead:
- Launch a Terminal Window on your computer. Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities.
- From here, choose Terminal.
- Type netstat -nr | grep default and wait for it to process your command.
- Your screen will then display your IP.
For Linux users
- Press Ctrl + Alt + T to open the Terminal Window.
- After that, enter IP route | grep default and click Enter.
- Your IP address will then be shown on your screen.
1. Connect your device, either computer or mobile, to your internet.
2. Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. The IP address used for most CISCO routers is 192.168.15.1.
3. From the log-in page, enter your username and password. If you haven’t changed your default settings, type admin for username and Password for the code. (Note: Not all CISCO routers used this combination.)
4. Hit the Ok button to access your web interface!
The default username used commonly by CISCO routers is either admin or cisco. It varies depending on the model and unit of your modem. For passwords, they used the username or leave it blank.
1. Find the Reset button on the rear part of your router.
2. Press the button and hold it for 30 seconds. You may use the pointy end of your pen or clip.
3. The modem will then reset automatically.
In Conclusion, Cisco routers typically use the username admin or cisco as the default username. It changes based on the modem’s model and unit. Resetting your modem can assist you in resolving issues you may have had connecting to your network.
Is this article to your liking? To summarise this article, understanding how to get into a Cisco router is not a tough process. It does not necessitate any technological experience or knowledge. Even a tech novice can do the task if they follow the instructions above. You don’t need any additional tools to reset your router to factory defaults. Default IPs include cisco cisco 192.168.10.2, cisco cisco 192.168.1.254, and so on.
Although most Cisco routers have a single IP address, not all devices are alike. As a result, in order to access your router’s web interface, you must obtain the correct IP address.
You may leave a comment if you have any questions about Cisco Support, wifi connection, Cisco FTD, Cisco ESA Email, Cisco ESA Bounce Verification, altering address username, or any other topics not addressed in this post.