In this short guide, we will be walking you through the process of accessing your Comcast business router login to changing its settings. You don’t have to possess any programming background to perform the methods below. Before we discuss further, make sure to check out our other guides at Router Login List.
- 1 Finding Default Comcast Business Router Log-in
- 2 Comcast Default IP Address
- 3 Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- 4 F.A.Qs
Finding Default Comcast Business Router Log-in
- View the bottom panel of your router.
- Find the two network names (SSIDs) and the network key (password). The case-sensitive password is the same for both SSIDs.
- Record this information for reference.
- The default SSIDs and passwords are unique to your Default Gateway.
- SSID 1 will be your Private 2.4 GHz Business Internet Network.
- SSID 2 will be your Private 5 GHz Business Internet Network.
- It is highly recommended that you change the password to increase the security of your network.
Comcast Default IP Address
Your IP address is the network address for your device, so the Internet knows where to send you data. This portion of the article will walk you through finding your network adapter’s IP address. Comcast’s default IP address is 10.1.10.1
Like other wired or wireless routers, you can access Comcast Business router admin using 192.168.1.1 or access it using 192.168.0.1. From there, you can access the smart setup wizard or other router configuration details related to your router and internet connection.
Change Admin Password on Comcast Business Router Log-in
When you enter your new Comcast Business router login, your admin login details are configured to the default settings. The default username is cusadmin, and the default password is highspeed or CantTouchThis. To improve the security of your router, we recommend changing the default admin password.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s how to change your admin password on your Comcast business router log-in.
- Type IP address on your browser
Launch a web browser like Firefox or Chrome from a connected wired or WiFi device. Type in the IP address to access the login page.
- Type in login credentials
The admin password is different from the password that you use to access your WiFi network. To change your WiFi password and network name, see the next portion of the article. The default password will not work anymore once you’ve changed them.
You cannot change the default admin username.
- Click on Change Password
In the upper right corner, select Change Password to increase your network security.
- Type in the current password
Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis in the Current Password field
- Type in a new password
Create a new password of your choice, and reenter it for verification.
- Click Save
Save your settings.
Configuring Wireless Settings on Comcast Business Router Log-in
The description of the settings below is applicable for both your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks.
This setting is used to enable or disable the wireless network. If you wish to use ethernet then you can disable the wireless network.
Your SSID, also known as your network name, is the name you see when your device looks for WiFi networks. Changing your SSID will not only personalize your network, but it will distinguish yours from the other networks nearby.
The 2.4 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-2.4. The 5 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-5. This information can be found at the bottom panel of the router.
Change the network names by typing in the network name of your choice on the field. Click Save Settings.
You may choose from several security modes. Your selected security mode will determine the requirements for your network password. The standard recommended security mode for most routers is WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
Below is the list of security modes that you may choose from:
- Open (risky)
- 64 bits (5 ASCII characters or 10 Hex digits)
- 128 bits (13 ASCII characters or 26 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (TKIP) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (AES) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
Depending on the security model that you selected, the network password will have different requirements. The factory default password can be located on the bottom panel of your router.
Change the default by typing in your new network password on the field provided. Click Save Settings to save your new password.
Broadcast Network Name (SSID)
When this box is checked (it is checked by default), the Business Gateway will be visible to other wireless devices. Devices can automatically detect the access point when enabled.
Uncheck the box if you want to hide your network. When the network is hidden, you’ll need to configure your wireless client devices manually.
Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- Reset your router by using a small object to hold in the reset button on the back of the device
- Hold the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and release it to restart the device. Don’t hold the button for more than 15 seconds if you want to reset it.
- Should you want to perform a factory reset on your device, hold the button for more than 15 seconds. This will restore all the default factory settings.
- Wait 2 minutes to allow your router to complete restart before moving on to the next step.
- Look for the network name (SSID) on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Connect to the network and open your web browser
- If you can connect to the Internet or your local browser is redirected to the following screen, your service is running correctly.
If you are getting the Comcast Business Router login error, it could mean several different things. Your connection may not be stable, or the wireless signal might be weak. If this happens, you may want to try resetting your password. Here are a few things you can try. First, you should make sure you are using the right IP address. To find your IP address, go to http://10.1.10.1 and type in your username and password.
If you’ve encountered the dreaded ‘Comcast business router login error’, you’re not alone. Millions of people are experiencing this problem every year. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to fix the problem and make sure you’re able to enjoy uninterrupted network connectivity. This article will explain the most common causes of this error and how to solve them.
Why Is Comcast Business Router Login Login Not Working
If you cannot log in to your Comcast business router, you may need to reset your Comcast business router to solve the issue. This process will reset the network back to its default settings. However, before you can do so, you should be sure to set the correct password.
The default login details of a Comcast business router include “highspeed” and “CantTouchThis.” You must change the password to something else to prevent unauthorized access. The username and password should match uppercase and lowercase, so make sure you change both.
The manual for your SMC COMCAST BUSINESS GATEWAY can help you get the information that you need to log in to the device. This will include the IP address, username, and password. It will also contain a quick installation guide that will show you how to connect to the router.
The username and password of the Comcast business router can be found on the router box or in the manual. Alternatively, you can go to the login page of your router and change the password. Changing the password will also give you access to the router dashboard. Once you’ve logged in, you can easily adjust the network settings and configure the device for internet access.
In case the default login credentials are not working for your Comcast Business router, it may be an IP address related issue. If this happens, you may have to change your default password. If the IP address of your Comcast business router is not listed, type the IP address into your browser.
The Comcast Business Router provides high-speed network and Internet access. This product is capable of providing gigabit speed to organizations of all sizes. You do not need to be an expert to use the router. You can access the router through the Internet by following the steps below.
If this solution does not help, you can perform a factory reset. Reseting your router will delete any caches and restart it. The reset process takes some minutes. After the restart, some devices may lose their connection to your network. If this does not work, contact an expert to help you get connected.
1. Launch a web browser from a connected wired or WiFi device. Type in the IP address on the URL bar to access the login page.
2. Enter your admin login credentials.
3. Select Login.
4. In the upper right corner, select Change Password to increase your network security.
5. Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis in the Current Password field.
6. Create a new password of your choice.
7. Re-enter your new router password.
8. Select Save to save your new settings.
1. Reset your router by using a small object to hold in the reset button on the back of the device.
2. Hold the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and release it to restart the device. Don’t hold the button for more than 15 seconds if you want to reset it.
3. Should you want to perform a factory reset on your device, hold the button for more than 15 seconds. This will restore all the default factory settings.
4. Wait 2 minutes to allow your router to complete restart before moving on to the next step.
5. Look for the network name (SSID) on your WiFi-enabled device.
6. Connect to the network and open your web browser.
7. If you can connect to the Internet or if your browser is redirected to the following screen, then your service is running correctly.
1. View the bottom panel of your router.
2. Find the two network names (SSIDs) and the network key (login password).
3. The case-sensitive login password is the same for both SSIDs. Record this information for reference.
Configuring Comcast is easy. Users can do that by themselves. By following this above-mentioned steps one can easily configure, set up, and access the Comcast Router. If you still face trouble getting it configured, then you can fix it too without any professional help. Other than log in difficulties, if you encounter other issues or the methods mentioned are ineffective then feel free to contact Comcast support team. You can also check the complete details of login to other routers in our Router Login List.
Do you have questions, comments, or want to share your experiences with your Comcast Business router login? Leave them in the comment section below, and we will get back to them as soon as possible.