In this short guide, we will be waking you through the process of accessing your Comcast Business Router login to changing its settings. You don’t have to possess any programming background to perform the methods below.
- 1 Finding Default Comcast Business Router Login
- 2 Comcast Default IP Address
- 3 Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- 4 Conclusion
Finding Default Comcast Business Router Login
- View the bottom panel of your router
- Find the two network names (SSIDs) and the network key (password). The case sensitive password is the same for both SSIDs
- Record this information for reference
- The default SSIDs and password are unique to your Wireless Gateway
- SSID 1 will be your Private 2.4 GHz Business Internet Network
- SSID 2 will be your Private 5 GHz Business Internet Network
- It is highly recommended that you change the password to increase the security of your network
Comcast Default IP Address
Your IP address is the network address for your device so the Internet knows where to send you data. In this portion of the article, we will walk you through finding the IP address of your network adapter.
Comcast’s default IP address is 10.1.10.1
Changing Your Admin Password on Your Comcast Business Router Login
When you access your new Comcast Business router login, your admin login details is configured to the default settings. The default username is cusadmin and the default password is highspeed or CantTouchThis. To improve the security of your router, we recommend changing the default admin password.
- The admin password is different from the password that you use to access your WiFi network. To change your WiFi password and network name, see the next portion of the article.
- The default password will not work anymore once you’ve changed them.
- You cannot change the default admin username
- Launch a web browser from a connected wired or WiFi device. Type in the IP address to access the login page.
- Enter your admin login credentials
- Select Login
- In the upper right corner, select Change Password to increase your network security
- Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis in the Current Password field
- Create a new password of your choice
- Re-enter your new password
- Select Save to save your new settings
Configuring Wireless Settings on your Comcast Business Router Login
The description of the settings below is applicable for both your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.
This setting is used to enable or disable the wireless network.
Your SSID, also known as your network name, is the one you see when your device looks for WiFi networks. Changing your SSID will not only personalize your network, but it will distinguish yours from the other networks nearby.
The 2.4 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-2.4. The 5 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-5. This information can be found at the bottom panel of the router.
Change the network names by typing in the network name of your choice on the field. Click Save Settings.
There are several security modes that you may choose from. Your selected security mode will determine the requirements for your network password. The standard recommended security mode for most routers is WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
Below is the list of security modes that you may choose from:
- Open (risky)
- 64 bits (5 ASCII characters or 10 Hex digits)
- 128 bits (13 ASCII characters or 26 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (TKIP) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (AES) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
Depending on the security mode that you selected, the network password will have different requirements. The factory default password can be located on the bottom panel of your router.
Change the default by typing in your new network password on the field provided. Click Save Settings to save your new password.
Broadcast Network Name (SSID)
When this box is checked (it is checked by default), the Business Gateway will be visible to other wireless devices. Devices can automatically detect the access point when enabled.
Uncheck the box if you want to hide your network. When the network is hidden, you’ll need to configure your wireless client devices manually.
Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- Reset your router by using a small object to hold in the reset button on the back of the device
- Hold the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and release to restart the device. Don’t hold the button for more than 15 seconds if you just want to reset it
- Should you want to perform a factory reset on your device, hold the button for more than 15 seconds. This will restore all the default factory settings
- Wait 2 minutes to allow your router to complete restart before moving on to the next step
- Look for the network name (SSID) on your WiFi-enabled device
- Connect to the network and open your web browser
- If you are able to connect to the Internet or if your browser is redirected to the following screen, then your service is running correctly
Accessing your Comcast router login doesn’t require much technical background as long as you follow the steps above. Should you have other issues with your router or if the methods above were ineffective, contact Comcast Business Customer Support for your queries. You can also check login details of other routers in our router login list
Do you have questions, comments, or want to share your experiences with your Comcast Business router? Leave them in the comment section below and we will get back to them as soon as possible.