Motorola has been in the tech industry for over 20 years. And they provide quality products such as their routers. If you have one or you’re planning to buy, you’ll have to be knowledgeable with Motorola router login. This is because that’s the only way you can access and configure your settings.
No need to worry about this article will guide you on how to login to your router. Thereafter, it will discuss the importance of changing your password and username. The last portion will help you reset your router and find your IP address. For other router models, you may also check out our router login list guide.
Access Your Motorola Router Login
These are the steps that you need to know to log in to your router.
- First off, connect your computer to the internet.
- Launch any browser and enter your router’s IP address to the search bar. Most Motorola routers use this IP: http://192.168.0.1. Make sure that you’re connected to your router; otherwise, you will be redirected to an error page.
- From the login page, enter your username and password. In case you’re accessing this for the first time, enter the default login credentials. Type admin for username and Motorola as a password.
- Click on the login button to access your router’s web interface. You can change and configure basic or advanced settings here.
How to Change Default Login Details
Every brand of router designates default login credentials. This account is important when accessing your router for the first time or logging in after resetting the device. The risk, however, of not changing it is high. This is for the reason that hackers can easily guess the default combination. So, to save your system from unnecessary attacks, check out the guide below.
- Login to your router’s account to access your web interface.
- Once logged in, choose Advanced from the main menu.
- After that, proceed to Status and Security. Here, you can change your default username and password.
- Enter your current login details and the new username and password in their respective fields. Note: You’re not allowed to use special characters.
- Click Save to apply the changes you’ve made.
The next time you log in to your router, you should use the one you’ve assigned. However, if you forgot this, you will have to reset your router. This will restore your settings to the factory mode. And, you can use the default login credentials like your username and password again. Scroll down for the guide.
How to reset Motorola Router
- Look for the Reset button on your router.
- Carefully insert the pointy end of your pen or pin on the hole to reach the reset switch. Press and hold such for about 15 to 20 seconds then release it.
- The router will automatically reset on its own. It will take 5 to 30 minutes to complete the process.
Locate Motorola Router Login IP
The easiest way to find your IP address is by running Command Prompt in Windows and Terminal Window for Apple and Linux. Here’s how:
For Windows users
- Go to your search bar and type cmd. Click on the Enter button to open Command Prompt.
- Next, input the following command ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway” on the new window then hit Enter.
- After some time, your IP will show up on your screen.
For Apple users
- Launch Terminal Window. You can do this by going to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal.
- Type netstat -nr | grep default then press Enter.
- Your IP address will then be displayed.
If you still have issues regarding Motorola router login, please contact Motorola’s tech support or email them here: Support@motorolanetwok.com.
You can check log in details of other routers in our router login list. You may also leave a comment on the box below. We’ll get back to you!