Motorola has been in the tech industry for over 20 years. And they provide quality products such as their routers. Their Routers are a great selection and this guide here will take you through queries and information related to login, resetting, and FAQs as well. Plans to buy one? Always look up what type of model you want according to your needs and you’ll have to be knowledgeable with Motorola router login. This is because that’s the only way you can access and configure your settings.
No need to worry about this article will guide you on how to log in to your router. Thereafter, it will discuss the importance of changing your password and username. The last portion will help you reset your router and find your IP address. For other router models, you may also check out the Router Login List.
Access Your Motorola Router Login
These are the steps that you need to know to log in to your Motorola router.
- First off, connect your computer to the internet.
- Launch any browser and enter your router’s IP address to the search bar. Most Motorola routers use this IP: http://192.168.0.1. Make sure that you’re connected to your router; otherwise, you will be redirected to an error page.
- From the login page, enter your username and password. In case you’re accessing this for the first time, enter the default login credentials. Type admin for username and Motorola as a password.
- Click on the login button to access your router’s web interface. You can change and configure basic or advanced settings here.
How to Change Default Login Details
Every brand of router designates default login credentials. This account is important when accessing your router for the first time or logging in after resetting the device. The risk, however, of not changing it is high. This is for the reason that hackers can easily guess the default combination. So, to save your system from unnecessary attacks, check out the guide below.
- Login to your router’s account to access your web interface.
- Once logged in, choose Advanced from the main menu.
- After that, proceed to Status and Security. Here, you can change your default username and password.
- Enter your current login details and the new username and password in their respective fields. Note: You’re not allowed to use special characters.
- Click Save to apply the changes you’ve made.
The next time you log in to your router, you should use the one you’ve assigned. However, if you forgot this, you will have to reset your router. This will restore your settings to factory mode. And, you can use the default login credentials like your username and password again. Scroll down for the guide.
Why Is Motorola Router Login Login Not Working
If you’re having problems logging into your Motorola router, you’re not alone. You may have tried to enter the correct username or password, but your device won’t do much more than give you an error message.
Fortunately, you can get to the top of your router’s menu by following a few simple steps. First, make sure your computer is connected to your modem via an Ethernet cable. Alternatively, you can connect to the Internet using wireless. This way, you don’t risk being logged out as you save your changes.
Then, you’ll need to choose the correct IP address for your new network. It’s important to note that your IP address may vary depending on where you live. If you aren’t sure, you can check the router’s label.
Lastly, you’ll need to change your router’s admin password. Your device has a feature for changing the default admin password. Using this feature, you’ll be able to access the Web Manager to manage your settings.
If you haven’t guessed, the most important component in the process of getting to the aforementioned is a bit of patience. It could take you anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to complete the process. However, it’s well worth the effort. Once you’re back on your LAN, you’ll be able to use your router without having to worry about password security.
Before you start, you should know what the Motorola router has to offer. Motorola’s products are of high quality. They also offer a host of features that are both attractive and practical. In fact, the router is so versatile, you can use it to connect to just about any type of network, from home networks to guest networks to office networks.
Aside from the aforementioned wizardry, you can also revert your router to its factory default settings. This process involves pressing a single button on the front panel of your device for about five seconds. After the reboot is complete, you’ll be greeted by a screen that will tell you your router is in the process of resetting itself.
There are many different ways to do this, so you’ll want to do your research before you dive in. One method is to contact your ISP, who will be more than willing to help you out. Another is to perform a hardware reset. Performing a firmware update is another way to refresh your device’s software. Regardless of the method you choose, you’ll need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to complete the process.
If you are still unable to login, you should check your router’s manual to find out which router model you have. Depending on the model, it’s likely you will need to use the WPS feature to enable wireless connectivity.
Other options include a factory reset and a custom password. The latter is a better choice, since you’ll be able to change your router’s settings in the future. For example, you can opt to switch from your original username and password to a more secure one.
How to reset Motorola Router
- Look for the Reset button on your router.
- Carefully insert the pointy end of your
pen or pin on the hole to reach the reset switch. Press and hold such for about
15 to 20 seconds then release it.
- The router will automatically reset on
its own. It will take 5 to 30 minutes to complete the process.
Locate Motorola Router Log-in IP
The easiest way to find your IP address
is by running Command Prompt in Windows and Terminal Window for Apple and Linux.
For Windows users
- Go to your search bar and type cmd. Click on the Enter button to open Command Prompt.
- Next, input the following command ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway” on the new window then hit Enter.
- After some time, your IP will show up on your screen!
For Apple users
- Launch Terminal Window. You can do this by going to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal.
- Type netstat -nr | grep default then press Enter.
- Your IP address will then be displayed.
1. Connect your computer to the internet.
2. Launch any browser and enter your router’s IP address into the search bar. Most Motorola routers use this IP: http://192.168.0.1. Make sure that you’re connected to your router; otherwise, you will be redirected to an error page.
3. From the login page, enter your username and password. In case you’re accessing this for the first time, enter the default login credentials. Type admin for username and Motorola as a password.
4. Click on the login button to access your router’s web interface. You can change and configure basic or advanced settings here.
1. Look for the Reset button on your router.
2. Carefully insert the pointy end of your pen or pin on the hole to reach the reset switch. Press and hold such for about 15 to 20 seconds then release it.
3. The router will automatically reset on its own. It will take 5 to 30 minutes to complete the process!
1. Log in to your router’s account to access your web interface.
2. Once logged in, choose Advanced from the main menu.
3. After that, proceed to Status and Security. Here, you can change your default username and password.
4. Enter your current login details and the new username and password in their respective fields. Note: You’re not allowed to use special characters.
5. Click Save to apply the changes you’ve made.
In conclusion, If you don’t remember your login and password, try one of the Motorola router’s preset passwords. The default password for the majority of Motorola routers is admin 3. That’s all I have to write in this article.
If you are still having issues regarding Motorola router login, router IP address, wrong router IP or admin interface, please contact Motorola’s tech support or email them through Support@motorolanetwok.com. If you read this article clearly, it will help you solve all of your problems. It will not only give you knowledge but also, it will help you to perform basic problems without having a need to call a technician.
You can check the login details of other routers in our Router Login List. You may also leave a comment in the box below. We’ll get back to you!