Orbi router login problems most of the time are when you are not connected to the WiFi network. There is nothing to worry about, it happens to even the techiest person on earth. To get connected, I have here a step-by-step solution but let me tell you more about your NetGear router for an in-depth understanding. For guides to other routers, you can visit the Router Login List.
- 1 Cost and Coverage
- 2 What is the Orbi App?
- 3 How to perform a factory reset on the Orbi Router
Cost and Coverage
NetGear offers a two-pack kit (model number RBK50) at $400/£280 and is tested to cover 5,000 square feet. If you want an extra satellite, it would take you $250/£130 plus another 2,000 square feet of the signal. The router by itself also costs $250/£130 and the scope of the connection is 2,000 square feet. No other mesh-router units on the market cost quite as much. However, the Orbi claims higher per-unit area coverage compared to others.
What is the Orbi App?
The Orbi app makes it handy to set up and manipulate your WiFi router. Just plug in your mobile unit to Orbi’s WIFI network and the app will help you through the rest. Once set up, your connected devices would be easy to manage, can do a quick Internet speed test, can pause the Internet, can set up Circle® with Disney smart parental controls, and many more.
Some browsers may have stored this page by accident. Do the instructions below to clean the cache and try again:
- For Internet Explorer (IE) – For Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet options and select Delete browsing history. See if all options are checked and then click Delete.
- For Google Chrome – For Google Chrome, navigate the browser toolbar, click More Tools and choose Clear Browsing Data. Click on the “beginning of time” option and then click Clear Browsing Data.
- For all other browsers – You can refer to your browser’s user menu. There is one in every device.
What to Do When Having some Log in Issues
Of course, when you encounter some technical issues, the first thing that comes into your mind is how to fix it all by yourself first. So first is to make use of the NETGEAR Orbi app. For more login issues and solutions, you may also try more troubleshooting guidelines.
Alternative Troubleshooting Tips
There are many things that may cause the NETGEAR router login (admin settings) page to be inaccessible. The most common cause is browser cache and IP address issues. Below is the list of what you can do:
Make sure you are in the right web address, the user name (admin), and password (password). Be careful: once you have changed the admin password for your router, the default password (password) cannot be used anymore.
In case you get an error
In trying to access the routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net web address, you have to delete the contents of your internet browser cache using either Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or using a different browser (this may also resolve your access error).
One more solution: Use your router IP address to log in instead of using the web addresses. You can find the router IP address at the back of your modem.
If it still does not work for you
You can access it using a wired Ethernet connection. These are the direct-wired connections to the router which can provide better results. You can also test access with a different device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.).
Note: Again, the NETGEAR router is the best tool for the internet connection to have access to the NETGEAR router login page. A wired connection is the surest way to access the router.
Check whether you are connected to multiple networks at the same time. If yes, disconnect from all internet and VPN connections and connect only to your NETGEAR router.
Now, disable pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software temporarily to see if any of these are causing connection issues to the router login user name and password pop-up. Don’t forget to power cycle your router, modem, and other devices connected. To power cycle, power off on your NETGEAR router and cable modem for at a minimum of 10 seconds before turning the network on again.
If the problem still occurs after doing all the things above, you can do a factory reset of the router. Always ensure your firmware is up to date to avoid the same issue from happening again.
How to perform a factory reset on the Orbi Router
Please keep in mind that all personalized settings including your user name, password, WiFi network name (SSID), and security settings would be deleted upon performing a factory reset. A factory reset is relevant when you are having trouble recovering your password.
To perform a factory reset:
- Check if your router’s power light is on.
- At the back of your router, look for Restore Factory Settings or Reset button.
- Make use of a paper clip or the like to press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button for seven seconds.
- Stop pressing on the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button and it is all set, your router has been reset. When you log in to your router again, use the default login credentials (username: admin and password: password).
To power cycle home network
If you have connection problems with your NETGEAR device(s), doing an overall power cycle of your network can help fix these issues. To power cycle your home network connection, you need to turn OFF every networking device and then put them back ON. Power cycling your home network may help end the following issues:
You are having trouble getting Internet access on any device. You cannot go online. There is no Internet connection on your router/gateway.
You see an orange-yellowish color on your router’s Internet LED light. Note: You must follow a random step-by-step pattern to turn all your networking devices OFF and ON to make sure they are correctly reset. Below are simple instructions to power cycle your network based on the setup of your home network.
Situation 1: Standalone Cable/DSL modem with a router.
- Switch off or shut down all your networking devices (Cable/DSL modem, Wired/Wireless router, and Wired & Wireless devices). Note: Some modems have a backup battery. If your modem has one, kindly remove the backup battery to turn off your modem.
- First, turn on the Cable/DSL mode and let it boot up. This will take a few minutes while the modem is being synchronized with your ISP to build a connection. Most of the time all the LED lights remain stable, nevertheless, always refer to the user manual of the modem to check the status of the LED lights.
- When the Cable/DSL modem is fully connected to your ISP, turn on the Wired/Wireless router. You will see that the router is establishing a connection with the Cable/DSL modem. Wait for a few minutes. More often, the Internet LED light on the router becomes solid green, so kindly refer to the user manual of the router to check the status of the LED lights.
- Turn ON your wired and wireless devices.
Situation 2: A DSL/Cable gateway (modem router) only.
- Switch off or shut down all your networking devices (Cable/DSL modem, Wired/Wireless router, and Wired & Wireless devices).
- Boot up the DSL/Cable gateway by turning it on. This would take a few minutes while the DSL/Cable gateway is trying to get synched with your ISP to build a connection. Most of the time, all the LED lights will remain stable, nonetheless, always read the user manual of the DSL/Cable gateway to check the status of the LED lights!
- Turn on the wired & wireless devices as soon as the DSL/Cable gateway completes the connection to your ISP.
When it comes to technical issues with your router, do not panic. You can perform several troubleshooting guidelines. I hope this article has helped you. I hope you can share what you know about this topic too. The amount of protection directly depends on the password complexity so keep strong hash password in password fields from your router settings. You can easily change the router admin user name of your router device, admin login password of your wireless network and change the router function.
Ask us about Factory reset button, Router Firmware Update, internet connection issue, router control panel, router login credentials, Router login issues, router setup issues, internet connectivity issues, router solutions, router firmware update process, Router To Factory, technical support service, and anything from the article in the comment box below.