Your TP-Link router login is the first step towards the security of your home network. TP-Link has been one of the well-known brands in the network industry. And with that, the public is aware of the default router settings which is a great threat for you and your family.
In this article, we’ll give you the default router login details. We’ll also help you secure and configure your router on-set. If you have a different router brand, you can also see the details in our routing login list.
Your TP-Link Router Login
- Connect your device to your TP-Link router. We recommend that you use a wired connection to secure a good connection.
- Open any browser in your device and enter 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, tplinkwifi.net, or tplinklogin.net. That should open up the TP-Link Router Login interface.
- Reminder: If the interface doesn’t show up, clear the cache of your browser or check your connection with your router.
- Once the login interface loads up, enter the default username as admin and password as the default password. Once personalized, log in immediately.
- You should bee seeing your router’s homepage once you log in successfully. ( See image below) You may then start to configure your router.
There are chances that the model of your router has a different IP aside from what was mentioned above. Here’s how to do it:
How to find Default Login
- Go to your Start Menu and type cmd in the search bar. Make sure your device is connected to the ROUTER while doing this.
- Once the command prompt is launched, type ipconfig. This command will show your router’s IP address and other network details. Your router’s IP address is the Default Gateway.
What is the default login for TP-Link router?
The default username for TP-Link routers is admin and the default password is password. This is the default login for most routers which means that your home network is exposed to potential risks. To secure your network, it’s a must to personalize your router settings as soon as enters your doorstep. Below are the details on how to do it:
How to Change Login Details
- Login to your router’s web interface through your web browser. Use the default login details of your TP-Link router. See the guide and default login information above to help you log in successfully.
- Once logged in, click System Tools.
- Clicking System Tools, a drop-down menu will show up. Select the Password to proceed with the password editing page.
- Password will load the editing panel. Enter the old username and password as well as the new username and password.
- Saving the new login credentials will require you to login with the new username and password.
Note: With TP Link’s Tether App, you may also configure your router through your mobile phone. Our guide below will help you.
How to change TP-Link login through Tether App
- Download the app from the Play Store and connect your device to your TP-Link router.
- The app will only help you configuration if you’re connected to your router. Open your Tether app. It automatically detects the router you’re connected to. Select your router on the app.
- The login page will show up. So, enter your login details. Use the default username and password.
- Once logged in, tap the status icon on the home screen. This will lead you to the router’s control settings.
- The control settings will show up. Change the connection type to PPPoE. Then change the router’s login information.
- Click Save to finish the configuration.
Create a strong password
- Use words that only you know. Whether it’s your favorite book, food or seasoning, having it as a password would be a tough nail to bend.
- Upper case or lower case. Another trick is, even with simple words, alternating small and capital letters make it complicated.
- Add numbers. For a period of time, numbers were used to decrypt a message. For example, 3 is equal to letter E and 4 is equal to letter A.
- Add characters. A piece of advice, you can add a character but make sure you remember it.
- Sentences. Maybe you’re wondering how could a sentence fit in your password. It’s possible and you can do it by taking the initials of every word in a sentence. For example, the sentence ” You can do it!!, said the 75-year-old man.”. Turning that sentence to: yCdt!!sT75yOm.
May all the good stuff in this article help you configure your router with confidence. You can check the login details of other routers in our router login list. Let us know how this article helped in the comments below.