It’s not enough that you have a good internet service provider. Your router should also be consistently similar to your connection. With that, DLink aims to provide its users with the best internet experience through their router. They’ve built numerous units; some are wired adapters while others are wireless. It’s well-known for having affordable yet reliable routers. This article is a guide to your DLink Router Login.
If you’re planning to get this device or you’re already using one, you might wonder how to access your account. Hence, here’s a simple guide that will help you with your DLink router login. If you own a different model, you can also read our other articles for the router login guide.
Login to DLink Router
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. Use LAN cable or wireless connection.
- Open your web browser and input 192.168.0.1 to the address bar. Hit Enter to proceed. Alternatively, you may use this link: http://dlinkrouter.local.
- You will be then directed to a login page. Enter your username and password on the field provided. If you haven’t changed your account details, use admin as the default username. As for the password, none is required.
- Click the Log In button to access your account. Inside, you can make the necessary changes to secure your connections or share if you must.
Default Router Login Details
Every router that has been manufactured by DLink is supplied with a default password and username. These are assigned to each modem so one may access their account for the first time. Knowing it would allow users to change their default Dlink router login credentials. That being said, your default username is admin and no password has been set.
Change Default Login Details
After learning how to access your DLink router login account, the next thing you might want to know is how to personalize your username and code. Or change it to improve your internet security. So, here’s a run-through of the process that you’ll need to change login details.
- Log in to your current D-Link account.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see the web interface of your modem containing settings and some basic information.
- For some models, click on the Tools tab and scroll down to Admin Password, enter your new code from the box provided.
- If you don’t see this tab, you have to choose Wireless. From here, fill up the “Name(SSID)” portion if you want to change your username. For password, choose from the Security Options and input the code on the Pre-Shared Key field.
- Now, click on the Save Settings/Apply button to save the changes you’ve made. Some router requires you to reboot or restart the modem to apply such a setting.
Reset login password
In the event that you’ve forgotten your password, no need to worry because you can easily reset your login details. Just note that you will need to open DLink router login page afterward to change your default password and username. Anyway, here’s how:
- Power on your adapter and locate the Reset button. It is usually placed at the back of your unit.
- Use a paper clip or the pointy end of your pen to press through the hole for 10 seconds and release it.
- The modem will reboot automatically. You will know if the process is done when the WLAN light stops blinking.
Find Your Router Login IP
IP address serves as the gateway for your router settings. For some units, this is the only way they can get their Dlink router login page. So, this is really important to know. Follow the steps below to find your Dlink router IP login.
- Proceed to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal to access your terminal window. You can also use the keyboard shortcut. Just press on cmd + space then type terminal.
- On the said window, type netstat -nr | grep default and click on Enter.
- Your IP address will then be shown on your screen.
For Windows OS
- Launch Command Prompt on your computer. To do this, go to your search bar and type cmd or click Win + R buttons.
- Upon opening the Command Prompt, a pop-up window will appear. Type ipconfig and hit the Enter button.
- Your computer will then process your command and a list will show up. The number next to IPv4 Address is your IP address.
We all know that you’ll need your IP address to log in to your account. However, most of the time, users don’t know their IP. So, to provide better accessibility, DLink offers an alternative link. This is the DLink router login local site which, when access, redirects you to a login page. As a result, you won’t need to know your IP address to access your account.
To know more about DLink router, you can go to their webpage for their tech support series. You may also contact their customer service to inquire.
If you have a different brand of the modem, You can check login details of other routers in our router login list. For those who find this Dlink router login tutorial helpful, please leave a message on the comment box below. We are also open to questions and suggestions.