Mediacom has been providing reliable network service in over 22 states in the US. The company is well-known to small businesses and households. Aside from the internet, they also have other products or accessories like a router. These two, Mediacom internet and router, when used together can help you maximize your browsing experience. If you don’t know where to look for a guide, we are here for you. This article will guide you through the login process and other problems like resetting the modem, change default credentials, and all the complicated stuff. However, you might need to know how the Mediacom router login works.
This article will provide you the detailed instruction on how to log in to your router. Likewise, it will deal with other routers set up such as finding the IP address, changing and knowing the default Mediacom router login credentials, and resetting the modem. For those who own a different kind of router, you may also check out our other articles from the Router Login List.
Access Mediacom Router Log-in Page
This task does not need extensive knowledge of using your computer. But before we proceed, power on your router and run it normally. After that, you can follow the steps below.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Launch any browser and go to this site: http://homewifi.mediacomcable.com or type your IP address.
- Sign in using your assigned username and password. If it’s your first time to access the router, enter the default username and code to proceed. Tip: If you forgot your password, you can click on “Forgot your passphrase?” to reset it.
- Once done, hit the login button.
Change Default Login Details
Mediacom router login has its own default credentials. This is necessary when you’re setting up your router and configuring settings for the first time. Their modem uses admin or cusadmin as the default username. So, if the former doesn’t work, you can try the latter. The usual password is the same as the username. But sometimes, they use the key that can be found at the router’s sticker.
Using your default Mediacom router login is convenient; however, it’s more susceptible to hacking. So, you can change your Mediacom router login credentials by following these steps.
- First, you have to log in to your account.
- After gaining access, go to Wi-Fi > My Wireless Network.
- Find the SSID field to edit your username while the Passphrase area is for the passcode.
Resetting Mediacom Router
Resetting your modem does not only help you when you forgot your password. But also, it can solve some issues that cannot be solved with restarting. For example, some encounter problems connecting their devices.
Just note that doing this would restore all your settings to factory default. You will then need to log in and change your Mediacom router login credentials after going through this process. With these in mind, let’s take a look at how to reset the Mediacom router.
- Locate the Reset button at the back of your router.
- Using the pointy end of your pen or paper clip, push down and hold the button for 10 – 15 seconds.
- The modem will then go into a reboot phase. Once the light starts flashing, the reset is successful. The process will take about 2 minutes to finish.
Why Is Mediacom Router Login Login Not Working
If the login to your Mediacom router isn’t working, you may want to reset the router. This will allow you to access all applications and download firmware updates. You may also want to change the username and password to something more secure. If this does not work, contact Mediacom customer service to get assistance.
There are several methods to reset your Mediacom router. Some of them are described in this post. Resetting the router will revert all prior configurations. After you do this, you will have to update the Mediacom router login ID. To do this, you should use a sharp object (a safety pin or pen) to push the reset button.
If you’re still unable to log in to your Mediacom router, try resetting its password. To reset the password, push the reset button on your Mediacom router for 10 to 15 seconds. A light will start flashing when the reset process is complete. The router will reboot after this.
Another way to reset the password on your Mediacom router is to try logging in as an administrator. Depending on the router model, you should have access to the router’s settings section. Ensure that the IP address and password are correct. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to log in and start browsing.
If all else fails, contact your ISP to get help. You may be able to gain access to the internet immediately if you connect your Mediacom router to your PC using an Ethernet cable. Alternatively, you can use the hardware button on the back to perform a reset.
Mediacom routers can also be connected to other networks. To do this, you must plug the wired device into the router’s LAN port. You can also connect to the router using wireless methods. If you have a Mac, you should choose the network icon in the Notification Area of the Windows Taskbar. After selecting the network, you should click “Join” and type in the network password.
If all else fails, contact your ISP to see if your account has been suspended. It may be due to an unpaid balance or an outage. If these methods fail, you can try resetting the router via the factory reset option online. After this, you need to wait for the settings to load. Afterwards, you need to enter your Login password again. This time, you will have to wait for about 5 minutes for the reset to complete.
You can also reset your Mediacom router by pressing the hardware reset button on the back. This will reset the network settings on your router back to their default settings. This method may be tedious and time-consuming. It will also require patience, as you’ll need to wait for the settings to load.
Find Mediacom Router Log-in IP
There might be times that the link won’t be accessible. Thus, knowing your IP address can be helpful to access the login page. To learn how you can read the instruction.
For Windows users
- Launch Command Prompt on your PC. To do this, click on Win + R buttons and then type cmd. Hit Enter to process.
- From the popup window, type ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”.
- Press the Enter button and the IP will show up on your screen.
For Apple users
- Go to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal to open Terminal Window.
- Next, type the following command: netstat -nr | grep default on the blank space.
- After that, your screen will display the IP address.
1. Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
2. Launch any browser and go to this site: http://homewifi.mediacomcable.com or type your IP address.
3. Sign in using your assigned username and password. If it’s your first time to access the router, enter the default username and code to proceed. Tip: If you forgot your password, you can click on “Forgot your passphrase?” to reset it.
4. Once done, hit the login button.
1. Locate the Reset button at the back of your router.
2. Using the pointy end of your pen or paper clip, push down and hold the button for 10 – 15 seconds.
3. The modem will then go into a reboot phase. Once the light starts flashing, the reset is successful. The process will take about 2 minutes to finish.
You can easily set up your modem and configure the default settings by following the simple steps in this guide. It is very easy to do this if you have the right guide and information on hand. And hope this article has given you that. You can check the login details of other routers on the Router Login List.
If you want to change your default address you can check it in the default factory settings. Always look for IP address before Default Gateway. There is also sometimes information on there about the default WiFi password for the router.
For other questions or inquiries, you may contact Mediacom customer support. If you want to leave a message about admin settings, default login password, default router password, router default username/router default login details, internet access, or anything as such, simply drop a comment in the box below.
Hope this Mediacom Router Login Guide helped!