Mediacom has been providing reliable network service on over 22 states in the US. The company is well-known to small businesses and households. Aside from the internet, they also have other products or accessories like a router. These two, Mediacom internet and router, when used together can help you maximize your browsing experience. However, you might need to know how Mediacom router login works.
This article will provide you the detailed instruction on how to login to your router. Likewise, it will deal with other routers set up such as finding the IP address, changing and knowing the default login credentials, and resetting the modem. For those who own a different kind of router, you may also check out our other articles from our router login list.
Access Mediacom Router Login Page
This task does not need extensive knowledge of using your computer. But before we proceed, power on your router and run it normally. After that, you can follow the steps below.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Launch any browser and go to this site: http://homewifi.mediacomcable.com or type your IP address.
- Sign in using your assigned username and password. If it’s your first time to access the router, enter the default username and code to proceed. Tip: If you forgot your password, you can click on “Forgot your passphrase?” to reset it.
- Once done, hit the login button.
Change Default Login Details
Mediacom router login has its own default credentials. This is necessary when you’re setting up your router and configuring settings for the first time. Their modem uses admin or cusadmin as the default username. So, if the former doesn’t work, you can try the latter. The usual password is the same as the username. But sometimes, they use the key that can be found at the router’s sticker.
Using your default login is convenient; however, it’s more susceptible to hacking. So, you can change your credentials by following these steps.
- First, you have to log in to your account.
- After gaining access, go to Wi-Fi > My Wireless Network.
- Find the SSID field to edit your username while the Passphrase area is for the passcode.
Resetting Mediacom Router
Resetting your modem does not only help you when you forgot your password. But also, it can solve some issues that cannot be solved with restarting. For example, some encounter problems connecting their devices.
Just note that doing this would restore all your settings to factory default. You will then need to login and change your credentials after going through this process. With these in mind, let’s take a look at how to reset Mediacom router.
- Locate the Reset button at the back of your router.
- Using the pointy end of your pen or paper clip, push down and hold the button for 10 – 15 seconds.
- The modem will then go into a reboot phase. Once the light starts flashing, the reset is successful. The process will take about 2 minutes to finish.
Find Mediacom Router Login IP
There might be times that the link won’t be accessible. Thus, knowing your IP address can be helpful to access the login page. To learn how you can read the instruction.
For Windows users
- Launch Command Prompt on your PC. To do this, click on Win + R buttons and then type cmd. Hit Enter to process.
- From the popup window, type ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”.
- Press the Enter button and the IP will show up on your screen.
For Apple users
- Go to Finder > Application > Utilities > Terminal to open Terminal Window.
- Next, type the following command: netstat -nr | grep default on the blank space.
- After that, your screen will display the IP address.
Logging into your Mediacom routers does not demand expertise. By following the simple steps, you can already set up your modem as well as configure the default settings. You can check log in details of other routers in our router login list.
For other questions or inquiries, you may contact Mediacom customer support. If you want to leave a message, simply drop a comment at the box below.